Monday, July 6, 2009

Waldo: Final Phase of Training

Waldo is, indeed, in his most final stage of training there is. Home Training. It is mostly for veteran guide dog users or people that don't have the time to come to the training facility. What happens is the dog in question is sent to the person's home and the trainer comes to them instead of the person having to go to the training facilities. Waldo has been paired with such a person and will not be having a graduation. More later!

Abbie Allison :D
Have a good summer!

5 comments:

Emily and Joel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Abbie,

If Waldo is paired with me I will be in touch. I like to keep in touch with my Guides raiser if they want to.

Karen Ann said...

Abbie, you've done a spectacular job with Waldo, and I bet whoever is lucky enough to get matched with him will be glad to keep in touch with you. I've had 3 guides from GEB & they were superb dogs every one. I'm now working with a GSD from The Seeing Eye, but GEB will always hold a special place in my heart.

Emily and Joel said...

Hi Abbie,
Congrats to you and Waldo(and his partner) My first pup is in training at GEB, and my second, Pepe is now 17 weeks old. Pepe is actually Waldo's half brother(both are Desma pups)

Emily and Joel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.